The future ain’t what it used to be:
Money, currency and control
In this 6 week workshop we challenge the conventional wisdom about money and currency. We look into what money really is, the rules of the game, and how the system has become so unsustainable. We investigate cryptocurrency, commons practices, and alternative economic models for a sustainable future.
Although you’ll learn quite a bit, this is not a lecture where we give you answers. Instead, you’ll get a new set of questions to ask and a new set of perspectives from which to ask them. We’ll work as a group to speculate, brainstorm, work in groups, and create new ideas of how to make a transition from what we have to models of economy that better reflect the future we want for ourselves, our children, our communities and our planet.
The Workshop for January is Full at this time. Please sign up to our waiting list and we will notify you of the next one.
Each session will be 120 minutes and the workshops will be limited to 25 participants. Choose the time (all times are in Central European Time) in the box to the right.
- Session 1 (January 25, 2022): What is value, what is money, what is wealth? What don’t they tell you about money?
- Session 2 (February 1, 2022): Forms of money, extractive wealth, currency, accounting methods. Metaverse, NFTs, P2E and CBDC. Sovereign currency under threat.
- Session 3 (February 8, 2022): Ownership and commons. Information ecology as a commons, filter bubble and polarization. What are the fundamental structures needed to value non-monetary resources such as information, relationships, culture and nature?
- Session 4 (February 15, 2022): Governance and control. Great ideas, but who is going to implement them? Decentralization, complexity and collective intelligence.
- Session 5 (February 22, 2022): Bringing these concepts together. How do we form compatible forms of collective intelligence, economy and governance?
- Session 6 (March 1, 2022): Where do we go from here? Going back to normal, alternatives to normal, the bridge to a new future.
Costs and registration
Register by filling out the form. We will send you mail and ask you to have a 15-minute interview to make sure the workshop is a good fit for you.
Our intention is to accept all registrants, but we are committed to creating a psychologically safe space and sparking a creative intellectual journey, so we want to ensure that every registrant is committed to that as well.
30 years in technology and entrepreneurship, 3 years in cryptocurrency and distributed technologies, co-author “So you’ve got a DAO”. Grace has worked with more than 100 cryptocurrency projects and speaks regularly on a variety of topics.
Daniel helps organizations design and implement human-centric processes to support teams in realizing their potential. Daniel has extensive experience in start-up organizations, program design, group facilitation, training, community engagement and public relations. He has been working the the blockchain space for more than five years.