Grace now hosts open hours (DAO Hour) instead of private consulting hours. This will be more interesting for you because others may ask questions about their DAOs and tokenomics that you might not have thought of. In the worst case, you’ll be the only one there and get a private consultation.
DAO hours are Thursday mornings at 8:30 AM UTC and Thursday evenings 19:30 UTC.
DAO Downloadable Template
If you want to do some work on your own, we’ve created the “DAO Initial Conditions Template” for you to fill with your team, considering the different areas of governance for your DAO.
Custom Workshops and Training
DAO Leadership provides hands-on workshops that have your team actually implementing new techniques for problem-solving, planning and collaboration. Unlike other management consultants, we take a hands-on approach to applying the techniques we teach.
Transformation of your organization doesn’t just come from the top: it comes when your team creates a common language and a common process for approaching new opportunities and challenges.
We’re also working on a book on How to DAO, hopefully to be released in the first half of 2022. If you are interested in reviewing early drafts and providing feedback, SIGN UP HERE:
The Future Ain’t What It Used to Be Workshop
The Future Ain’t What It Used to Be is a 6-week session where we will challenge the conventional wisdom about money and currency. We will look into what money really is, the rules of the game, and how the system has become so unsustainable. We investigate cryptocurrency, common practices, and alternative economic models for a sustainable future.
Although you’ll learn quite a bit, this is not a lecture where we give you answers. Instead, you’ll get a new set of questions to ask and a new set of perspectives from which to ask them.
Token Mechanics is the foundation of your ICO. If you answer yes to any of the below, we need to talk.
- uHave you had dozens of conversations about your token value and still you aren’t sure it all works together?
- uAre there people on your team who still don’t understand your token mechanics/value?
- uAre you trying to stabilize your token against fiat currency, in particular only the currency you think is important (dollar, euro, pound)? Or trying to stabilize against ETH or BTC?
- uIs your token useless to anyone outside of purchasing something from your company (and partner companies)?
- uAre you trying to figure out how to get people to hold tokens for a longer period than they naturally would in the ecosystem?
- uIs developing the token making your business model more difficult to other people?
- uDo you have a two-token economy with a complex interaction between two tokens?
- uWhen people ask you why the token will be worth something, is your only answer “Because as more people use the token, the value rises”? and/or “Because there’s limited supply.”?
- uDoes your economy include you buying back a token before it gets redistributed to others?
I write ICO whitepapers, and I’ve found that the majority of my clients have some aspects of the token economy they haven’t figured out yet. That’s because it’s a kind of monetary policy. Most of us never got trained in monetary policy. Let’s face it, most of us didn’t get trained in systems thinking. I can save you a lot of time and trouble.
This is how it works:
- You write me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with some details about your ICO, and some potential meeting times for a 20-30 minute call
- I read your materials and we jump on that call
- In the call, I tell you why I think your token economy needs rethinking (read: sucks). I will be super blunt because it’s faster than doublespeak.
- If you like my style and think you could benefit from this service, start a contract with me
- We will set-up a 2-hour call where we take your token mechanics apart and reconstruct something that at least looks good on paper
- I’ll summarize the bullet points of what we created and send it to you in a short email.
- We will send up to 1-2 additional calls going over the new mechanics idea
- If we cannot create something in 3 calls that holds water, I have just saved you a whole lot of money, blood, sweat and tears on an ICO that makes no sense. Or you can go ahead and do an ICO that makes no sense. I mean, people are raising silly amounts of money doing it. But you’ll at least have the honesty with yourself to know that’s what you are doing